- More information
Symbol organizes challenging boot camps for you and your colleague on attractive locations during school holidays. In a short but intensive program of only 5 days we will take you through the complete Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program.
The training is structured in a way that you will go through the same program in 5 days as in the normal 8-days training. We start in the morning after a breakfast buffet with an introduction and a short recapitulation of the previous day. Then, in a varied mix of theory, practical cases and exercises, the learning material is offered. The classes are interrupted by breaks and lunch and dinner that will take place outside during the summer season. In the evening there is time for a drink with your classmates. At all locations we organize a nice, relaxing outdoor activity, which also puts the theory into practice. On Thursday evening there is no training, but there is a barbecue or themed dinner (depending on the season and location).
In general for project leaders, department managers, process owners and process managers. Within Industry also for design-, process- and quality engineers. After this training you may move up to the Black Belt training.
After having followed this training you will look differently at processes. You can identify unnecessary activities and better evaluate process performances. You know the instruments with which you can design processes more efficiently and reduce errors. This will result in better process performances and a higher quality. As a result of this costs will decrease and customer satisfaction increase.
This training consists of 5 intensive days (we will take you through the complete Lean Six Sigma Green Belt curriculum). You will start at 8:30 am and on Monday until Wednesday the training will end at 9:30 pm, with on Wednesday a game in the evening. On Thursday evening there will be a special dinner (or barbecue, depending of the season). On Friday the training ends at 5:00 pm. It is a boot camp after all!
Higher education / university level. Affinity with statistics is desirable.
For both the training and the project you need to have Microsoft Office Excel and a Minitab license. For Minitab there is a trial version especially for training purposes which is valid for 60 days.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Bootcamp content
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and the training material follow the detailed LSSA (Lean Six Sigma Academy) syllabus. Below you find an overview of tools and subjects which will be covered during the training.
- Lean Management Principles (Value, Flow, Pull, ..)
- Project Management (Roles & Responsibilities, Project Charter, DMAIC, ..)
- Voice of the Customer & CTQ Flowdown
- Process Performance Metrics
- Process Flow Mapping & SIPOC
- Problem solving (8D, Cause & Effect, 5-Why, ..)
- Visualisation of data with use of Minitab
- (Pareto, Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Dot Plot, Histogram, Box Plot, Time Series Plot, Scatter Plot)
- Statistical techniques (Hypotheses, Correlation, Regression, ANOVA, Probability, ..)
- 5S workplace organisation
- VSM – Value Stream Mapping (Current & Future)
- SPC – Statistical Process Control
- MSA – Measurement System Analyses
- Cpk – Process Capability & Performance
- FMEA – Failure Mode Effect Analysis & Control plan
- DOE – Design of Experiments
- Kaizen Continuous Improvement / PDCA
- Lean simulation game, Six Sigma case & test exam
Request for curriculum
Are you interested in this training and would you like to know when exactly what subject will discussed, please contact us on +31 (0) 2030240 or send us an e-mail.
The complete 5-days Green Belt training costs € 3.850,- p.p.
This price includes:
- 4 overnights, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- special dinner (or barbecue during the summer season)
- Reader ‘Lean Six Sigma Green Belt’ from the series ‘Climbing the Mountain’ of author ir. H.C. Theisens
- Exercise book ‘Exercises for Lean Six Sigma Green & Black Belts’
- Trainingsmanual including all presentations
- Trial version Minitab
- Lean game
- Official certificate of participation
- Coffee, tea, soda during the training
- Outdoor game
- Drinks outside the training sessions
The trainings will take place in easily accessible venues in the following locations in the Netherlands:
Internationally recognized certificate
For our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt trainings you have the opportunity to obtain an internationally recognized certificate from the LSSA (Lean Six Sigma Academy). The entire exam consists of a theoretical and a practical part. The exam is held according the guidelines of the LSSA.
Symbol is an “Accredited Training Organisation”
Symbol is an ATO (Accredited Training Organisation). The LSSA theoretical exam takes place at least 4x a year at the University Twente. In case you pass the exam you will obtain 5EC (European Credits). You can subscribe for the exam or call us on +31 (0)53 2030240.
The practical part (projects) are reviewed by the LSSA. Of both elements (theory and practice) you will receive a certificate. The complete Lean Six Sigma certificate requires an appropiate score for both the theoretical and the practical part.