Registration personal data
Symbol processes personal data through the use of our services and/or because they have been provided to us. In some cases, data has been provided by an external party, who asks us to process the data for the performance of an assignment. Symbol processes so-called “Ordinary Personal Data” and not special and criminal personal data. Symbol processes personal data on the basis of the following 2 bases:
- Consent of affected person.
- Data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
The following criteria will be considered:
- Freely given: data subjects freely consented and were not pressured
for giving consent.
- Unambiguous: there is a clear active action. For example, data subjects have signed up for a newsletter, handed over a business card, registered for a training course or event, commissioned a project, or otherwise indicated in writing or verbally that consent has been granted. Consent was given by data subjects themselves (directly) or by a colleague (indirectly).
- Informed: data subjects are thereby informed of Symbol’s identity. Our privacy statement and terms and conditions can be viewed on our website. Training and event participants are asked to agree to this during the registration process. Our privacy statement and terms and conditions are also sent with quotes and orders.
- Necessary: if there is an agreement with data subject that makes the processing of personal data necessary.
Symbol records (personal) data for the following purposes:
- Maintain financial records for handling payments.
- Being able to provide goods and services to you.
- Calling or emailing you when necessary to carry out our services, including sending invitations to trainings and events.
- Informing you of changes to our services and products.
- Allowing you to create a personal or corporate account.
- Sending our newsletter and/or other physical and digital information.
- Archiving exams created by you and exam results. We communicate these results to certification bodies and to parties for whom we perform certification. Furthermore, we archive Lean Six Sigma projects submitted for certification.
Third parties and social media
We only provide your personal data to third parties if it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. Symbol shares data of participants in events and trainings if these events are conducted jointly with a third party. Symbol shares data of participants taking exams with the relevant exam institutes. With companies that process personal data on our behalf, we have signed a processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of personal data. Symbol remains responsible for these processing operations.
During trainings and events, we sometimes take photos and video recordings. These images are used on our website, newsletters and social media. At the beginning of each event, the trainer or consultant will indicate that you can indicate in advance if you do not want to appear on such displays. If you do not notify us, you agree that we can use the images.
Symbol does not sell your personal data to third parties.
We take the protection of personal data seriously and have taken appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification.
In the event a data breach is discovered, we will report it to the “Personal Data Authority” (AP). If there is a suspicion of poor security or indications of abuse, please contact Symbol BV’s “Data Protection Officer” (FG).
Data subjects’ rights / consent
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability, which means you can request that we send you the personal data we hold in a computer file. You can send a request to email@example.com. We will process such a request within one week.
If you receive our newsletter, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the appropriate Opt-out link at the bottom of this newsletter.
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data on website visitors under the age of 16. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is older than 16. If it is suspected that we have collected personal information about a minor, please notify us so that we can delete the information.
We would like to remind you that you have the option of filing a complaint with the national regulator, the “Personal Data Authority” (AP).
Symbol has appointed a “Data Protection Officer” (FG). He, along with management, is responsible for personal data and privacy. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.