Food & Pharma
Combining TPM with Lean and Six Sigma. Companies in Food & Pharma, in pursuit of World Class Performance, often start with TPM. Only later do Lean and Six Sigma come into the picture. This is because processes in this sector are often highly machine dependent.
TPM stands for “Total Productive Maintenance” and is a strategy for improving the effectiveness of available production resources. Increasing OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and reducing changeover times (SMED) are the starting points. Read an informative blog about TPM here.
More and more companies are currently combining the TPM methodology with the Lean philosophy for more efficient design of both the organization and production. Independent multidisciplinary teams become responsible for 5S and process improvement. Many companies have yet to make the shift to Six Sigma. The analytical The Six Sigma method offers opportunities to do breakthrough projects in terms of optimizing production processes and reducing line failures.
Together with you, we are happy to conduct an assessment that reveals the organization’s development points. Want a preview? Then take the free organizational scan. The result is a practical overview with aspects where your organization scores well and where your organization can develop.
Symbol assists various organizations with implementing relevant projects such as:
- Rolling out TPM, Lean and/or Six Sigma within an organization
- Working with plant management to define strategic projects, including conducting a feasibility study.
- Creating preconditions in terms of Leadership, Responsibility and Ownership
- Coaching Green and Black Belts to successfully execute strategic breakthrough projects
- Conducting data analysis to improve and control the process by performing e.g. capability study or MSA study.
- Supporting the establishment of Standardized Work in Combination with Training (TWI).
- Implementing Short Interval Management and steering on KPIs.
Learn from the experiences of our relations
Symbol has extensive experience in successfully executing projects and providing training in food & pharma. Our consultants and trainers are experienced in both TPM, Lean and Six Sigma. On this page you will find descriptions of some of the projects Symbol has completed.
Make a non-binding appointment
We can help you with various improvement projects within your organization, as we have helped many other organizations in the industry achieve sustainable improvement. Would you like to spar about opportunities within your organization? Then contact us directly at 053 – 2030240 or leave your contact information using the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible!