Agile and flexible organization
This element focuses on creating a flexible and agile organization. Employees have a positive attitude and change is seen as an opportunity. There is a good balance between standardized work and being able to respond to special customer needs.
Instead of a large unwieldy organization and tenured employees, self-managing teams are being installed. These teams have their own result area, are accountable and empowered. There is decisive management that formulates clear goals, holds teams accountable and acts decisively on results that deviate from set goals.
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
An agile and flexible organization focuses on the following elements:
- Employees see change as an opportunity.
- The organization is able to respond quickly to changing market situations.
- There is self-direction/self-organization and high levels of responsibility.
- Decisive action is taken when results deviate from target.
- Management is able to make quick decisions.